Welcome to You

Welcome to our blog about our adventures in geocaching around the Pacific Northwest, our little corner of the world. We started Geocaching on March 6, 2010. We are approaching 600 finds and have an even 100 hides so far.

Geocaching is a fun activity for Nosey Rosey (Dawn) and I and we do it as a team. It has taken us around our county to places we have never seen before in 13 years. The exploring is just one aspect of the fun in geocaching. We go out nearly every weekend and use multi-million dollar satellites to play our hobby for free using an iPhone and my handheld GPS.

I (Ed) go by GeoHL now since I am called GeoHotLine by some of the fellow geocachers in the area.

If you have a question about geocaching ... you can email us at anytime at nwgeocaching@gmail.com .


Profile for GeoHL_NoseyRosey


Search Engine Submission - AddMe



Web Counter

Scroll down for all of our latest adventures geocaching around the Pacific Northwest.


See the link for OPB TV featuring Geocaching and be sure to watch the video of the CBS Evening News about geocaching

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Riddle to Glide Loop



This morning I got up EARLY and headed south before sunrise and headed out to the Riddle - Glide Loop where I was the FTF on a new one that has sat there for 2 days without being found. I just could not let it go for someone else to be the FTF so I looked for it and after the iPhone settled down with it's GPS it pointed right at it. Ah ha .. find # 1 for the day.

My next find was at the Spawning Beds upstream ... this was a quick one and off to the next one. It was called ROCK PIT and I wish all my geocaches were this obvious, pictured. The second picture is at West Fork with a tunnel going through the mountain leading to the bridge over Cow Creek. It really stood out even though the area was one big rock pit. I passed right by the POND and went to Pioneers Graves ... read the history marker. There was history markers all over the place. I had no idea there was a ghost town up there called West Fork that served as a railroad spur back in the 1880's ... and the Chinese helped build the railroad up there. Interesting Drive!!!

Finally made it to Glendale and found THE GAZEBO and GLENDALE # 2. Coming back with Dawn to find GLENDALE # 1 and THE CART PROJECT. Even though Glendale is small there are lots of muggles around early in the morning.

A real nice loop from Riddle to Glendale.

No comments:

Post a Comment