Welcome to You

Welcome to our blog about our adventures in geocaching around the Pacific Northwest, our little corner of the world. We started Geocaching on March 6, 2010. We are approaching 600 finds and have an even 100 hides so far.

Geocaching is a fun activity for Nosey Rosey (Dawn) and I and we do it as a team. It has taken us around our county to places we have never seen before in 13 years. The exploring is just one aspect of the fun in geocaching. We go out nearly every weekend and use multi-million dollar satellites to play our hobby for free using an iPhone and my handheld GPS.

I (Ed) go by GeoHL now since I am called GeoHotLine by some of the fellow geocachers in the area.

If you have a question about geocaching ... you can email us at anytime at nwgeocaching@gmail.com .


Profile for GeoHL_NoseyRosey


Search Engine Submission - AddMe



Web Counter

Scroll down for all of our latest adventures geocaching around the Pacific Northwest.


See the link for OPB TV featuring Geocaching and be sure to watch the video of the CBS Evening News about geocaching

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Out to Gravel Bin Raft Launch


This morning I got up and headed east on highway 138 out past Steamboat Inn. I found 7 geocaches for the trip and really had to use my geosenses since my iPhone has limited GPS use outside the AT&T service area. But, I have so many county geocaches saved to my iPhone I can find them outside the service area.

I ventured all the way out to Gravel Bin Raft put in location (pictured) and found one right off the bat even if my GPS was bouncing all over the place. It helps to read the hints... LOL.

I started my morning out by climbing the steep hill up the 14th tee for disc golf to find WHISTLERS and what a hike it was. I do not recommend it to anyone who might have bad knees .. mine was killing me. If you have a bad heart I would avoid this one too. The rating for terrain is not so accurate and should be increased. Certainly a 3 at least. But I logged it.

Sunday I am going to drive down Little River Road and go out to Hemlock Lake and hope to find all the geocaches along the way. This area looks pretty interesting for geocaches and I have not been out to Hemlock lake for about 13 years or so.

We will surely get to 340 tomorrow ... but feeling so lonely since Nosey Rosey is doing her shifts over at Mercy Hospital. We won't be able to team up until next weekend when we plan on going down to Golden, Oregon - a ghost town with lots of historical sites from what we have heard.

No comments:

Post a Comment